The unsettled pattern continues over this forecast period, and with it, temperatures that leave spring lovers longing for brighter and warmer days.
Tomorrow a system will dive south from the northwest. With it comes another punch of very cold air for April. Earlier in the week, some guidance made it look like much of southern New England would be in the game for a winter weather event, but that idea has been scrubbed. Look for rain showers to begin tomorrow afternoon as the system makes its closest approach. Any rain will transition to snow during the evening and overnight hours, but with a less than ideal track, throwing significant moisture into the state will be an issue and little to now snow accumulation is expected.
Sunday will be like many of the days we’ve seen recently—sunny and cold and breezy. Highs will struggle in the 40s. Well below normal for this time of year.
Monday we will contend with rain showers as a storm system passes well to our north and the attendant cold front pushes through the region. There may be snowflakes mixed in for northern spots, but again, nothing big and barely worth mentioning. It doesn’t look like a washout day, but it won’t be a nice day either.
As the cold front gets hung up in the region, Tuesday looks wet as well. Eventually however, the front will clear us and set us up for a slow march toward better conditions.
The middle to end of the week look much better, as high pressure asserts itself. We will have to watch a potential (rain) system later in the week, but it is far out in time and looks to roll harmlessly out to see.
Boring times ahead. Hopefully we get some warmth and sun to go along with it. Sadly, the GFS ensembles give us an emphatic no for at least the next week...
Saturday: Increasing clouds with rain by evening. Rain changing to snow during the overnight hours. Chance of rain 60%. Chance of snow 40%. Highs in the mid to upper 40s. Little to no accumulation expected.
Sunday: Breezy and sunny with highs in the lower to mid 40s.
Monday: Chance of rain and snow early, then chance of rain showers throughout the day. Highs in the lower to mid 50s. Chance of rain 70%.
Tuesday: Chance of rain, otherwise mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower to mid 50s. Chance of rain 30%.
Wednesday: Sunny with highs in the mid to upper 50s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid to upper 50s.
Friday: Sunny with highs in the mid to upper 50s.
Thanks for reading!